Terms and Conditions of Hire
CONDITIONS OF HIRE-
- Payment in full for the Equipment Hire shall be due and payable within 30 days from the date of invoice unless the Company exercises its options to demand payment in advance.
- If the Customer fails to make any payment in full by the due date, the Company shall be entitled to terminate the Contract forthwith and recover all loss or damage resulting from that termination.
- The Hire Period shall commence and the risk from any loss or damage to the Equipment shall pass to and remain with the Customer from the time when the Equipment first arrives at the Customer’s premises or the location where the Equipment is left at the request of the Customer as the case may be.
- The Hire Period shall continue until the Equipment is collected by the Company.
- If the Customer requests the Equipment to be placed in a position which requires the delivery vehicle to leave the public highway , the Customer shall indemnify the Company against any loss, costs, claims, damages or expenses which the Company may thereby incur, whether as a result of damage to the delivery vehicle, the Equipment, the property of the Customer or a third party including damage to the road margins and/or pavements.
- During the Hire Period the Customer shall make good to the Company all loss of or to the Equipment (fair wear and tear accepted).
- The Customer will conform with all Statutory enactments and regulations and bye-laws and regulations of local authorities which apply to the Equipment or the waste to be disposed of, and in particular will:
- (i) ensure that any permission required to be obtained from the Highway Authority is obtained
- (ii) secure that the Equipment is properly lighted in accordance with the Highway Act 1980
- The Customer shall not:
- (i) overload the Equipment;
- (ii) set fire to the contents of the Equipment;
- (iii) interfere with the mechanisms on the Equipment;
- (iv) add on or attach any painting, sign-writing or advertising;
- (v) Move the Equipment
- The Company shall be entitled to refuse to deal with any material not previously described as waste by the Customer for collection by the Company (and as agreed by the Company) or which falls outside the terms of its site licence, copies of which are available on the Company’s website, and any such material shall be removed at the liability of the Customer.
- The Customer shall not remove, deface or conceal any name plate or mark indicating that the Equipment is the property of the Company.
- The Customer shall not sell, charge, sub-contract, re-hire, lend or assign any part of the Equipment without prior written consent of the Company.
- The Equipment shall at times remain in the ownership of the Company and the Customer will have no rights in the Equipment other than as a mere bailee. The Company may however assign and sell its rights under the Agreement and its in and to the Equipment. The Equipment must only be used by the Customer.
- If the Customer shall be in breach of these terms and conditions, the Company shall at its option be entitled to terminate this Contract forthwith and recover all loss or damage resulting to the Company including loss of profit or other consequent loss. If the Contract is terminated under this condition all sums due to the Company under the Agreement shall become payable immediately in place of the payment terms set out in condition 1.
SKIP HIRE REGULATIONS
The following items are NOT permitted into mixed skips - (we can quote separately for items)
- ASBESTOS (or anything resembling asbestos)
- FLUORESCENT TUBES
- GAS BOTTLES/CYLINDERS
- SOLVENT CANS & PAINT CANS
- TV's + COMPUTER MONITORS
- CLINICAL/MEDICAL WASTE
- TREE ROOTS
- FIRE EXTINGUISHERS
- LIQUID WASTES (as described in Hazardous Waste Regulations 2005)
IN ADDITION TO THIS THE FOLLOWING MUST BE FOLLOWED
- NOT TO - Place Hazardous Waste in the container
- NOT TO - Have Fires in Containers
- NOT TO - overload the sides - all excess will be removed and left on site
- NOT TO - attempt to re-site or move the container after delivery
- TO - Ensure there is adequate access for deliveries/exchanges/ collections
- TO - keep access clear for deliveries/exchanges/collections
- TO - Ensure the surface/access allocated is suitable to receive delivery of container size and weight
LOSS OR DAMAGE
Loss or Damage of GRIFFITHS property whilst on hire as a result of fire, theft, misuse or neglect remains the responsibility of the hirer and will be charged at the replacement value.
I CONFIRM I HAVE APPLIED THE WASTE MANAGEMENT HIERACHY, GRIFFITHS ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED WHILST OUR VEHICLE AND/OR CONTAINER ARE OFF THE PUBLIC HIGHWAY AT THE REQUEST OF THE CUSTOMER OR AGENT - FURTHER MORE IN THE EVENT THAT ANY OF THE ABOVE ARE NOT ADHERED TO FURTHER CHARGES WILL BE INCURRED